Roasted honey ginger beets and winter squash
- 1 pound beets peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 pound squash peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces toasted walnuts chopped
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Spread out 2 double sheets of foil, about 16 inches long. They are doubled because the vegetables give off liquid and this prevents leaks.
In a bowl mix the olive oil, vinegar, honey, ginger, rosemary, dill, salt, pepper. Whisk to mix well and set aside.
Place beets onto one sheet of foil and squash on the other.
Drizzle half the dressing over both vegetables.
Seal the foil securely.
Roast for 40 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before opening to prevent steam burns.
Serve garnished with walnuts.
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 384mg | Potassium: 830mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 12090IU | Vitamin C: 29.4mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 2.1mg