Southwestern Kale Salad
Southwestern Kale Salad made with kale, peppers, black beans, corn, tomatoes, fresh herbs and drizzled with a cumin vinaigrette.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 orange or red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 1 ½ cups diced cherry or cherub tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 3/4 cup cilantro coarsely chopped
- 2 avocados cubed (optional)
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 cup Cojita cheese shredded
- Chopped chicken yummy addition
In a small bowl combine all of the dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Or simply add all of the dressing ingredients to a mason jar with a lid and shake to combine.
Chop kale and gently squeeze it in your hands once you have chopped it, to help take away of some of the bitterness.
Place kale in a large serving bowl. Top with bell peppers, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. Toss to combine. Top with avocados, black beans, and corn. Drizzle dressing over kale the kale, serve immediately or top with some crushed corn chips and serve.
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 99mg | Potassium: 517mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 775IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 2mg