Wonton Soup is really satisfying and comforting. Succulent wontons are filled with a pork and shrimp mixture and then covered in a flavorful clear broth!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground shrimp
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water (reserved from wonton cooking water)
- 2 garlic cloves smashed
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Place all the ingredients for filling in a bowl. Use your hands or a masher to mash everything until mixed well and evenly combined.
Work with 2-3 wonton wrappers at a time and loosely cover rest with a damp kitchen towel.
Place 2 teaspoons of the filling and place at the center. Brush both the edges with water. Fold and press to seal properly. Apply water on both the corners, bring together and press.
Cover the shaped wontons in a container while shaping the rest of the wrappers.
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Slowly add shaped wontons to water. Boil 4-5 minutes or until the wontons start to float.
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 1280mg | Potassium: 334mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 2.9mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 3mg