Instant Pot Beef Stew
Perfect for winter dinners, this warm and hearty Instant Pot Beef Stew will become a family favorite! So easy to make and great for busy weeknights!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Resting Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound stew meat or beef chuck cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes cubed
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 carrots cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Better than Bouillon Beef Base
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
Turn on your Instant Pot and select Sauté function.
Melt butter and cook beef until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Turn off Sauté function.
Add potatoes, mushrooms, onion, carrots, and garlic; cover with beef broth.
Stir in Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, better than bouillon, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Close and lock the lid.
Select Meat/Stew function and set a timer for 35 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for the pressure to build.
Release pressure using the natural-release method. You can quick release after 10 minutes.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 1065mg | Potassium: 1008mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3555IU | Vitamin C: 17.2mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 5.9mg