Parmesan Cilantro Corn
Full of zesty, creamy cheese flavor, this Parmesan Cilantro Corn is the perfect side dish for your favorite meal. Even my kids beg for a second helping!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels approx 6 large ears
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
When butter is foamy add the garlic and corn and stir to coat in butter. Cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
Add lime juice, cumin, and cayenne pepper to the corn and cook for 2 more minutes.
Stir in cheese so it gets melty. Then add heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Continue to stir so the corn won't stick to the pan. Cook corn until almost all of the cream has been absorbed, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat. Stir in cilantro and serve immediately.
- You can substitue 4 cups frozen corn that's been thawed or canned corn that's been drained if needed.
- Pre time will be less is you're not using fresh corn.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 350mg | Potassium: 307mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 734IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg