Jalapeno Popper Burgers
Jalapeno Popper Burger is healthier than you think, but it's filled with indulgent flavor!
For the burgers
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef I use 94-96%
- salt and pepper
For the Jalapeno Cream Cheese:
- 1/4 cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt nonfat or low-fat
- 1/2 jalapeno ribs and seeds removed (+ extra for topping)
- 1 clove garlic
- hamburger buns
- 4 slices cooked center cut bacon
- freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
In a large bowl, season the ground beef with a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Mix into the meat. Divide into 4 equal patties. Use your thumb to press slightly into the center of each patty to help with even cooking.
To make the jalapeno cream cheese, place cream cheese, Greek yogurt, 1/2 jalapeno and garlic in food processor. Pulse until well combined.
Grill burgers to desired doneness, then place on hamburger buns, top with jalapeno cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon.