Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Dates, and Apples
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Dates, and Apples is a flavor combination that will get even the must reluctant to eat their sprouts!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 -6
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon Urban Accents Balsamic & Roasted Onion Veggie Roaster seasoning blend
- 3 strips bacon diced
- 1 gala apple cored and diced
- 4 large medjool dates dates pits removed and diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Balsamic glaze if desired
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with Sil-Pat or parchment paper.
Rinse Brussels sprouts, remove outer leaves, cut off stems, and cut each sprout in half vertically.
Place Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine oil, butter, and Veggie Roaster blend. Pour over Brussels sprouts and toss until coated.
Pour sprouts onto prepared baking sheet, and bake for 30 minutes.
While Brussels sprouts bake, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon to skillet, and cook until crispy. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat.
Add the sprouts, dates, and apples to the bacon. Stir to give everything to combine, cook for another minute or two to let the flavors meld.
Serve immediately. Drizzle with balsamic glaze if desired.