Sesame Garlic Mushrooms
These Asian-style sesame garlic mushrooms are delicious and healthy-ish side dish that requires very little hands-on time.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 lb 450gr white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Mirin Japanese rice wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of sesame seed oil and mushrooms. Sauté the mushrooms stirring occasionally for about 8-10 minutes on medium high heat.
Stir in minced garlic, sesame seeds, mirin, soy sauce and honey. Continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes.