An easy and very delicious Mexican casserole for any weeknight meal.
Servings 6 servings
- 13 oz. 375 gms. cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 oz. light cream cheese
- 4 oz. can of diced green chiles
- 15 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 to mato diced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese or cheddar/jack cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8" square or round casserole dish and set aside.
Add the chicken, salsa and cream cheese to a saute pan, heat stirring until cheese is melted and the chicken is heated through. Add the black beans and chiles and continue to heat ingredients.
Layer into the prepared casserole as follows. Crushed tortilla chips, Chicken/black beans mixture, tomatoes, green onions and cheese. Place in the oven for 30 min. until heated through, hot and bubbling.