Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Tomatoes
Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Tomatoes are the perfect appetizer for your next get-together, made by stuffing cherry tomatoes with an extra cheesy pesto filling.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup homemade pesto sauce or store bought
- 1 1/2 pints about 36 cherry tomatoes
Cut a very thin slice off of the bottom of each tomato so that they will stand upright.
Cut off the tops of the tomatoes.
Run your knife around the inside edge of the tomato, then scoop out the pulp; discard.
In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, Pecorino Romano cheese, and pesto sauce.
Cut the corner off of a heavy duty plastic baggie and insert an icing tip. Fill the bag with the cream cheese mixture.
Pipe the cream cheese mixture into each tomato.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.