Souvlaki Salmon Skewers with Yogurt Feta Sauce
These Salmon Souvlaki Skewers with Yogurt-Feta Sauce couldn't be any easier to prepare. Perfect for those 5pm dinner "what's-for-dinner?!" freak-outs!
Yogurt Feta Sauce
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- freshly ground pepper
Souvlaki Salmon Skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets cut into 1-inch cubes (if salmon has skin, leave it on, it will peel off easily after grilling)
- 1 lemon sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 3 bell peppers sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red onion sliced into 1 inch pieces
- metal skewers 8-10
- salt and pepper
- To Serve:
- Pita bread
- Lemon wedges
Souvlaki Salmon Skewers:
Pre-heat barbecue over medium-high.
Assemble skewers with a mixture of salmon cubes, lemon slices, and bell pepper and onion pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Spray barbecue with spray oil (don't be shy, you don't want the salmon to stick to the grill!).
Arrange the skewers on the grill, and cook with the lid down for 4 minutes.
Gently pry the skewers from the grill (the salmon may stick slightly, but should come off with a bit of teasing), and flip over. Put the lid down, and cook for another 4-6 minutes, until salmon is cooked through and flakes with a fork.
Serve immediately with pita bread and lemon wedges.