Pina Colada Macaroons
Bake up a taste of the beach with these easy to make Pina Colada Macaroons.
Servings 12 -15 cookies
- 14 oz of sweetened shredded coconut
- 8 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp coconut flavored rum
- 2 large egg whites room temperature
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup canned pineapple chunks pureed with a little pineapple juice from the can
- Diced dried pineapple chunks for garnishing
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat together the shredded coconut, condensed milk, and rum. Mix in the pureed pineapple. In a separate mixing bowl, whip the egg whites and salt on high speed until medium-firm peaks form. Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut/pineapple mixture.
Using a 1 3/4 inch cookie or ice cream scoop, scoop the macaroon batter onto the prepared baking sheet in good-sized mounds. Press some of the dried pineapple chunks into the top of each cookie (I used 3-5 chunks per macaroon). Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Store any leftover macaroons in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.