One Pan Parmesan Chicken with Vegetables
Crispy parmesan stuffed chicken breasts and fall vegetables cook together on a single sheet pan for a delicious and healthy dinner.
Servings 4 servings
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- grated zest of one lemon
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small acorn squash halved, seeded and cut into slices
- 1 cup carrots peeled and thickly sliced
- 1/2 of a red onion peeled and thickly sliced into wedges
- 1/2 cup cremini mushrooms halved
- Lemon wedges and additional chopped parsley for garnish optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil; coat with cooking spray.
In a small bowl combine the parsley, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Place the chicken breasts on the sheet pan. Carefully loosen the chicken skin with your fingers and place the parmesan stuffing under the skin. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
Place the squash, carrots, red onion and mushrooms around the chicken. Drizzle the vegetables with the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. If desired, sprinkle additional parsley on top and serve with lemon wedges.
Calories: 500kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 319mg | Potassium: 989mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 6575IU | Vitamin C: 26.6mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 3mg