Asparagus Parmesan Orzo
Asparagus Parmesan Orzo is a delicious Spring side dish that's certain to become a family favorite!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 6 1/2 oz. 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 6 slices bacon cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz. fresh asparagus spears trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine vinaigrette see recipe below
- 2 oz. 1/2 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- Sea Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
White Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare Orzo pasta per package directions. Drain and rinse. Set aside.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chopped bacon until the fat is rendered but it is not yet crisp. Add the garlic and stir.
Add the chopped asparagus and cook about 3 minutes until softened.
In a large bowl add the orzo pasta. Stir in the cooked bacon, garlic, and asparagus. Pour the white wine vinaigrette over the top. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.