Grilled Caprese Chicken
This grilled caprese chicken is the perfect way to showcase ripe summer tomatoes! It's an easy and flavorful dinner that's ready in 20 minutes.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided use
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 and 1/2 cups of diced ripe tomatoes
- 4 ounces of halved bocconcini fresh mozzarella balls or cubed fresh mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze or balsamic reduction
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over chicken breasts and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, or until done. Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
In a medium bowl combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon the tomato mixture over the chicken breasts and top with sliced basil.
Drizzle with balsamic glaze then serve immediately.