Mushroom and Sage Rice Pilaf
Mushroom and Sage Rice Pilaf is a quick and easy side dish that's full of earthy flavors and wonderfully seasonal!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 16 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoons fresh sage chopped extra for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Small pinch ground black pepper
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
To a large saucepan add the oil butter over medium heat.
Add the mushrooms and onions, cook until mushrooms brown and onions soften, about 8 minutes.
Stir in the garlic and sage, salt and pepper, cook for 2 minutes.
Add the rice and orzo and cook stirring for 5 minutes.
Add the stock and stir until everything is mixed well.
Cover and bring to a simmer, cook for 15 minutes until the rice is tender.
Serve the rice garnished with extra sage.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 327mg | Potassium: 601mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 3.9mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1.6mg