Chorizo and Potato Breakfast Tacos
These Chorizo and Potato Breakfast Tacos are full of bold flavors for an epic breakfast recipe you'll want to make again and again!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 tacos
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb ground Mexican chorizo
- 20 ounce Bag of Simply Potatoes and Onion can substitute with 2 russet potatoes, cubed, and 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 serrano pepper sliced thinly
- 2 green onions sliced thinly
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 6 Soft taco size flour or corn tortillas
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Salsa for garnish (optional)
- Sour cream for garnish (optional)
- Shredded cheese for garnish (optional)
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet, over MED-HIGH heat. Add chorizo and brown, breaking into crumbles, until fully cooked and crispy. Transfer to a plate, reserving the grease in the skillet.
Add potatoes and onion, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste, and saute in the chorizo grease (adding a bit of vegetable oil if necessary), until potatoes are tender on the inside and crispy on the outside, about 12-15 minutes.
Add Serrano pepper and sliced green onions and cook for 1 minute more.
Add potato mixture to the cooked chorizo on the plate. Wipe out skillet to remove browned bits of food.
Add butter and heat over LOW heat. Add beaten eggs to skillet and scramble, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Once cooked, set aside.
Microwave or char tortillas over an open burner flame, until pliable and warm.
Top tortilla with potato and chorizo mixture, eggs, and garnish as desired.
Calories: 505kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 180mg | Sodium: 1119mg | Potassium: 356mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 3.1mg