Bolognese Bruschetta is the hearty, comforting winter version of traditional bruschetta that makes an ideal appetizer that will be the hit of every party!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 32 bruschetta
- French baguette sliced into 32 slices
- 32 slices mozzarella to fit baguette slices about 8 oz.
- 8 oz. ground sirloin or lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup store-bought marina
- 1/2 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes drained
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- dash of red pepper flakes optional
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Basil chiffonade
Brown beef and onions in a large skillet until beef is cooked through. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add all remaining Bolognese ingredients, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, line baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Top with mozzarella slices and broil until mozzarella is golden in some places.
Top each bruschetta slice with about 1 tablespoon Bolognese. Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan and basil.