One Pot White Chicken Lasagna Soup
Grab a spoon and dig into this insanely good White Chicken Lasagna Soup. This satisfying one pot comfort food recipe is so simple, yet so delicious!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 8 -12 servings
- 1 pound cooked chopped chicken I like to use a store bought roasted chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1 zucchini shredded
- 5-6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 9 cups low sodium chicken broth divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon each dried parsley dried basil
- 1 teaspoon each dried oregano dried thyme, salt, pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 10 uncooked regular or whole wheat lasagna noodles broken into 1-2 inch pieces
- 2-3 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup heavy cream optional
- 8 oz chopped frozen spinach
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
Melt butter and olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Cook carrots, onions and peppers about 3 minutes or until tender. Add zucchini and garlic and cook for additional minute. Stir in flour and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly creating a thick mixture.
Turn heat down to medium low and gradually add 8 cups of chicken broth, stirring constantly. Whisk together cornstarch with 1 cup of chicken broth and stir into soup. Add cooked chicken, chicken bouillon and all herbs and spices to the pot. Stir in broken lasagna noodles.
Bring pot back to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until lasagna noodles are cooked through, about 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally so noodles don't stick to the bottom of the pot.
Turn heat down to low and discard bay leaves. Pour in half and half, optional heavy cream, and spinach and let warm. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Add additional salt and pepper if needed.
Garnish with mozzarella cheese and enjoy!