Chorizo Queso Fundido
Chorizo Queso Fundido is super cheesy appetizer idea that is ready in just 15 minutes! Cheese, veggies, chorizo and chips, how can you go wrong?
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup chorizo cooked and crumbled or chopped
- 2 tablespoons white onion diced
- 2 tablespoons green bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed finely diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar shredded
- 1 lime wedged
- 1 plum tomato seeds and pulp removed, diced
- Tortilla chips
Heat medium cast iron skillet or some other over-safe pan over high heat. When hot, add vegetable oil.
Add chorizo, white onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, cilantro, jalapeno and chili powder. Sauté until soft, approximately 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Heat oven broiler to high heat.
Sprinkle cheese evenly over chorizo and vegetable mixture. Don’t attempt to stir it, it will get clumpy.
Place under broiler for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted, brown and bubbly.
Remove and top with the juice of one fresh lime, diced tomatoes, and additional cilantro, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips!
Calories: 489kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 849mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1240IU | Vitamin C: 21.2mg | Calcium: 627mg | Iron: 1.2mg