Candy corn is by far my favorite Halloween candy and I am pretty sure it has rubbed off on my kids! I was so excited when I discovered candy corn Oreos last week, and the bag was gone within three days. I eat candy corn by the handfuls, but I have had some major will power the last two days and have stayed away from the big bag in my kitchen. Since I have such a great love for these sweet and delicious bites of pure sugar, I thought it would be appropriate to do a post solely about candy corn! I will start with a super scrumptious dessert that my kids (and I) absolutely love! As I have mentioned before in my Sand Pudding post, I have a major love for cheesecake and the dessert here has a very similar taste! If you like cheesecake, try this easy recipe!
- 1 package 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 small container 8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
- orange and yellow food color
- candy corn for garnish
- Beat cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer until fully smooth Slowly add powdered sugar, then milk
- Add vanilla and continue mixing
- Beat about 1 minute on medium to medium-high speed
- Fold cool whip into cream cheese mixture, and stir until fully combined
- Scoop about 1/3 of the cheesecake dessert into a bowl, and color orange Color another third of the mixture yellow
- Leave the remaining third white
- One color at a time (starting with yellow), scoop mixture into a large ziplock bag, and squeeze a layer of the dessert into small dessert dishes of your choice
- Repeat with orange and then white
- Refrigerate 30 minutes (or up to 1 day) before serving
- Garnish with candy corn if desired.
Recipe from: Glorious Treats
Next up is an adorable candy corn banner that you can download at: In His Grip. I used star brads to connect each triangle, but you could also use ribbon. It is a super cute (and free) decoration and I love the scrapbook look of the banner!
Real Housemoms TV
You can use candy corn, candles, and any glass or vase to add a colorful decoration to your table! It is fun to use different sizes and shapes for the glasses and vases. Put some candy corn in a container, add the candle, and top it off with more candy corn! You could also use a plate filled with candy corn and mix in some tea lights.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!