These SPICED APPLE CIDER FLOATS have all of the flavors of fall poured over vanilla ice cream!
Fall is finally here. The leaves are turning, the mornings have been cool and crisp, and everywhere I look there are apple recipes! From caramel apple pecan pancakes to apple cinnamon pull apart bread fall heaven for an apple lover like me. I love their sweet crisp flavor and every year I make a special trip to a local orchard to pick apples. OK, I’ll admit I don’t always get around to picking apples. Sometimes I just go into their store and fill up a basket with fresh apples, apple dumplings, and my all-time favorite apple cider. Mmm, there is nothing better than freshly made apple cider…unless it’s Spiced Apple Cider Floats!
Come on guys, you knew there was no way I was going to just take that apple cider at home and leave it the way it was. A few years ago I started spicing my cider up, literally, and I love it. I add oranges, cloves, and cinnamon sticks to a big batch of cider, and then I slowly heat it on the stove for 30 minutes to an hour. It makes the house smell heavenly and when it is done you have this rich, flavorful spiced apple cider that is perfect for cool fall nights.
Don’t stop there though, if you want to be the hit of your upcoming Halloween parties, and Thanksgiving dinners let the spiced apple cider cool a little then pour it over vanilla ice cream to make Spiced Apple Cider Floats. They taste exactly like a warm apple pie with a scoop of ice cream on top! It’s a fun, easy dessert recipe that is a little different and totally delicious. I promise you everyone is going to love it!
- 8 c Apple cider
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg grated
- 4 whole Cloves
- 1 Orange cut into slices
- Vanilla ice cream half gallon
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a pot and heat over medium high heat until it comes to a low boil.
- Add orange slices, cover and reduce to a simmer continuing to cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Add 1 scoop of ice cream per mug and pour spiced apple cider over the ice cream.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and enjoy!
If you’re looking for a few more apple recipes check these out!