Brimming with cheesy eggs, hearty veggies, and BACON, Breakfast Pizza is the ultimate breakfast dish! It’s SO quick and easy to make!
Is it just me or is breakfast the best meal of the day? There is so much variety – from pancakes to Farmer’s Casserole to waffles to breakfast pizza… sign me up for ALL of it.
I’m one of those people who can never choose what I want for breakfast because it’s all so good. But, as much as I love breakfast, I also love pizza (I mean, who doesn’t love pizza?).
So, I made a recipe that combines my two favorite things, and let me tell you, I’m here for it. Breakfast pizza is hearty, healthy, and super easy to make. It’s basically the BEST way to start your day!
Like this recipe? Pin it to your BREAKFAST board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Does anyone remember that BagelBites pizza commercial from the 90s? “Pizza in the morning, pizza in the evening, pizza at suppertime…. when pizza’s on a bagel, you can eat pizza anytime!” For whatever reason, THAT is something that my brain held onto. Not important things like birthdays, anniversaries, or you know, basic math skills learned in high school…. the BagelBites jingle. Super helpful, brain, super helpful.
Anyway, despite how annoying that is, I do have to agree with the jingle one on thing – you CAN have pizza anytime, especially in the morning!
Pizza for breakfast is one of my family’s favorite things. I’m not talking leftover pizza from last night’s dinner though. Nope, I’m talking homemade breakfast pizza. It’s the BEST.
Breakfast pizza is perfection on a crust! cheesy eggs, delicious veggies, and (my favorite part) BACON, all baked together on a pizza crust. It hits so many food groups and also tastes amazing!
With only about 15 minutes of prep time and 20 minutes of cook time, you can have a healthy, filling, flavorful breakfast on the table in under 45 minutes. Your family is guaranteed to love this breakfast pizza recipe and you’re guaranteed to have that annoying pizza jingle stuck in your head now too. You’re welcome!
Bacon and Eggs Breakfast Pizza Ingredients
Anyone who knows me knows that I would NOT call myself a morning person. I’m not that mom who wakes up at the crack of dawn to have a 4-course steaming breakfast on the table when my angelic children sleepily rub their eyes awake. Nope, most days my kids are lucky to have a bowl of cereal ready for them.
Because of that, when I’m making homemade breakfast pizza, I choose to use a pre-made crust. In the morning, I simply don’t have time to let the homemade dough rise.
If you are one of those super-human people who thrive before the sun rises, go for it! Make some homemade dough. If you’re like me though, no shame in some store-bought pizza dough.
How to Make Breakfast Pizza
- As with ANY breakfast recipe, I recommend starting by preparing your first cup of coffee for the day. While it’s brewing, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and leave the pizza dough on the counter to warm up.
- Next, cook your bacon in a frying pan (or try cooking it in the oven) over medium heat. Set your cooked bacon aside on a paper towel-lined plate. (Go ahead, grab a slice for yourself. You deserve it for waking up and making breakfast!) Once the bacon has cooked, crumble it up.
- Now, chop the peppers and onion and set them aside.
- Once your dough is slightly warmed up, press it into a rimmed pan, leaving a little extra around the edges for a crust!
- Brush the crust with olive oil and sprinkle with minced garlic. Place it in the oven for 7 minutes – you want your crust to be mostly baked before topping it with your breakfast pizza toppings. Otherwise, it’ll be too mushy and undercooked.
- While you’re baking the crust, crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk with milk. Scramble them in a clean pan.
- Once your pizza dough has pre baked, remove it from the oven and get to assembling your breakfast pizza! Layer the eggs, bell pepper, onion, bacon on top of the crust. Then, top it all off with a generous portion of cheddar cheese.
- Pop your pizza back in the oven and bake another 7-8 minutes. When it’s ready the cheese will be melted and bubbly, and the crust lightly browned.
- Last, top with chopped green onions and serve immediately!
If you’re not a morning person like me, you can save yourself even MORE time in the morning by prepping your vegetables and bacon ahead of time! When I’m making this breakfast pizza recipe, I’ll typically chop the peppers and onions the night before. I also cook the bacon the night before too. That way, all I need to do the morning of is scramble up some eggs, assemble the breakfast pizza, and bake!
What Toppings Could You Put on Breakfast Pizza?
I love the combination of peppers and onions SO much. Whenever I’m making scrambled eggs, peppers and onions are absolutely my mix-ins of choice, hence why they’re front and center in this breakfast pizza recipe! However, there are SO many variations of toppings you could put on your breakfast pizza, don’t let a recipe hold you back from experimenting! Here are some other ideas for creating a unique and delicious homemade breakfast pizza:
- Other veggies: mushrooms or spinach are typical breakfast veggies. They go great on omelets, so they’d go great on breakfast pizzas too!
- Different meats: while my love for bacon runs deep, I’m totally open and accepting of other types of breakfast meats! Try cooking up some sausage (spicy sausage if you’re feeling fun!) or even ham to add to your pizza.
- Varieties of cheese: for me, cheddar and scrambled eggs are a match made in breakfast heaven. But, that doesn’t mean other cheeses don’t deserve a chance! I think a nice pepper jack would be delicious on a breakfast pizza. Or get fancy and throw some feta on there!
And if you’re like my husband, a few dashes of hot sauce are always a good idea too!
Need some more breakfast inspiration?
- Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
- Cheesy Broccoli, Ham, & Pepper Frittata
- Easy Cheesy Southwest Breakfast Casserole
- Overnight Caramel French Toast
- Spinach and Tomato Breakfast Casserole
- more BREAKFAST recipes…
Tools used to make this Breakfast Pizza recipe
Rimmed baking pan: this is one of my most used baking pans!
Frying pan: whether scrambling eggs or frying chicken, a good frying pan is a kitchen essential.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and leave the pizza crust on the counter to warm up.
- While the oven heats, cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Once crispy, transfer on a paper towel lined plate. Let cool and then crumble bacon. Discard grease and wipe out skillet.
- Press pizza dough into a rimmed baking sheet.
- Brush crust with olive oil and sprinkle with minced garlic. Place in oven for 7 minutes.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk with milk. Pour into the cleaned skilllet and scramble over medium heat.
- Once pizza dough has partially cooked, layer with eggs, bell pepper, onion, bacon, and top with cheddar cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for another 7 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
- Cut into 8 slices and top with sliced green onion. Serve immediately.