Blueberry Fluff is a tasty dessert perfect for potlucks, cookouts & picnics! It’s loaded blueberries & almonds and you can make it ahead of time!
Have you ever tried fluff before? It’s a combination of whipped cream or Cool Whip, fruit, marshmallows, and nuts and holy cow if it good you guys! This Blueberry Fluff is right at the top of my list for best berry desserts, alongside strawberry jello cake. This recipe is insanely easy to make and is great for potlucks. Make a big batch and serve it up as is or with some vanilla wafer cookies for dipping.
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
One of my favorite things about this blueberry fluff recipe is the color. It turns a gorgeous purple from the blueberry sauce. I thought about using pie filling instead, but the sauce was so easy to make and it didn’t weight down rest of the ingredients. The best part about this recipe is you can mix things up a little to your taste. Use sliced, chopped, or whole almonds. Use Cool Whip or whipped cream. Want to brighten things up? Replace 1 tablespoon water with 1 tablespoon lemon juice in the sauce and add 1 tablespoon of lemon zest to the fluff. However you like to make it, this blueberry fluff recipe will be a hit!
How to Make Blueberry Fluff
- Cook blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, and water together in a saucepan until berries soften. Mash and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl stir together Cool Whip, blueberries, marshmallows, almonds, and blueberry sauce.
- Serve in dessert cups or bowls and enjoy!
How easy is that?! While I love blueberries in the spring and summer, I have a few other fluff recipes I indulge in throughout the year. We like cranberry fluff at Thanksgiving…almost more than cranberry sauce. Strawberry cheesecake fluff whenever my sweet tooth kicks in, and pineapple upside down fluff when I’m craving something tropical. There’s really no end to the delicious possibilities!
Can’t get enough blueberries in your life? Try these other delicious recipes!
- Lemon Blueberry Icebox Cake
- Blueberry Dump Cake
- Blueberry Mojitos
- Blueberry Buttermilk Coffee Cake
- Banana Blueberry Crumb Muffins
- More dessert recipes…
Tools used to make this Blueberry Fluff recipe
Small Saucepan: While I use bigger saucepans for everyday cooking, having a small saucepan lets me make syrups, toppings, and sauce add-ins without taking over the stovetop.
Potato Masher: Not just for potatoes! This masher is great to help you break down all kinds of ingredients to get the perfect consistency.
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
- Mix together cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Add blueberries, sugar, and cornstarch mixture to a small saucepan. Place over medium heat. Cook for 203 minutes or until sugar dissolves and blueberries soften. Smash blueberries with a potato masher to create a sauce. (Leave some big pieces.) Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together Cool Whip. marshmallows, almonds, remaining 6 ounces blueberries, and blueberry sauce until combined.
- Portion fluff into dessert cups or bowls. Top with extra blueberries and almonds if desired.