Candy corn is by far my favorite Halloween candy and I am pretty sure it has rubbed off on my kids! I was so excited when I discovered candy corn Oreos last week, and the bag was gone within three days. I eat candy corn by the handfuls, but I have had some major will power the last two days and have stayed away from the big bag in my kitchen. Since I have such a great love for these sweet and delicious bites of pure sugar, I thought it would be appropriate to do a post solely about candy corn! I will start with a super scrumptious dessert that my kids (and I) absolutely love! As I have mentioned before in my Sand Pudding post, I have a major love for cheesecake and the dessert here has a very similar taste! If you like cheesecake, try this easy recipe!
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 small container (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
- orange and yellow food color
- candy corn (for garnish)
- Beat cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer until fully smooth Slowly add powdered sugar, then milk
- Add vanilla and continue mixing
- Beat about 1 minute on medium to medium-high speed
- Fold cool whip into cream cheese mixture, and stir until fully combined
- Scoop about 1/3 of the cheesecake dessert into a bowl, and color orange Color another third of the mixture yellow
- Leave the remaining third white
- One color at a time (starting with yellow), scoop mixture into a large ziplock bag, and squeeze a layer of the dessert into small dessert dishes of your choice
- Repeat with orange and then white
- Refrigerate 30 minutes (or up to 1 day) before serving
- Garnish with candy corn if desired.
Recipe from: Glorious Treats
Next up is an adorable candy corn banner that you can download at: In His Grip. I used star brads to connect each triangle, but you could also use ribbon. It is a super cute (and free) decoration and I love the scrapbook look of the banner!
You could add a healthy appetizer to your Halloween party with this cute candy corn veggie tray! I found a plate in the shape of a candy corn in the dollar section at Target a couple years ago, but you could use any platter and put the colored veggies in the same order. All you need is cauliflower, cut into small pieces, a bag of small carrots, and a yellow pepper, cut into small slices. This is super easy and quick to put together!
My kids and I had so much fun making their candy corn handprints and footprints. They are very ticklish and painting their feet was hilarious! They were laughing so hard and scrunching up their toes the whole time! I love doing art projects with my kid’s handprints and this is a fun decoration to document their little hands and feet! All you need is white, orange, and yellow paint, a paintbrush, and black paper. Paint away and have them put their hand and foot down on the paper!
You can use candy corn, candles, and any glass or vase to add a colorful decoration to your table! It is fun to use different sizes and shapes for the glasses and vases. Put some candy corn in a container, add the candle, and top it off with more candy corn! You could also use a plate filled with candy corn and mix in some tea lights.