WARM BACON BLUE CHEESE DIP is a rich and creamy warm dip that makes a tasty appetizer when served with fresh carrot and celery sticks!
This dip is naughty. I’m not gonna lie. But is it delicious? Absolutely. As I’m sure you know, there are some foods that are meant to be paired together – peanut butter and jelly, coffee and donuts, and blue cheese with bacon. Just think about how much you love a good cobb salad. What’s the best part? The blue cheese and the bacon, of course!
The combination of perfectly cooked bacon with rich blue cheese, creamy smooth cream cheese, and a pungent garlic not only makes this warm dip deliciously naughty, but because its so rich you can serve it with fresh vegetables instead of bread so you can feel like you’re eating healthy! Do you rationalize like I do? Okay, good.
- 8 ounces bacon
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 ounces blue cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook in heavy bottom dutch oven or pan over medium high heat until crisp. Transfer cooked bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Combine garlic with blue cheese, cream cheese, chives, and cooked bacon in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Fill ramekins with cheese mixture. Do not overfill. Cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until you see the cheese start to melt. Serve warm with vegetable sticks and garnish with additional chives.
If you’re a lover of bacon like I am, you’ll love these other recipes from Self Proclaimed Foodie: