Topical Bruschetta is a refreshing fruity twist on the classic bruschetta and takes just minutes to throw together!
I just can’t get enough of all the fresh summer produce! The gorgeous veggies and sweet juicy fruits… perfectly refreshing on these hot summer days out in the sun.
Bruschetta is a summer appetizer staple but to switch things up a bit I decided to swap out the tomatoes for some tropical fruit. Fruit on top of toasted bread may seem a little different, even weird, but gosh it is good! Especially since the bread is topped with coconut oil giving it more of a tropical taste. But what doesn’t taste good on warm toasted bread?!
This is such a fun refreshing appetizer that is quick and easy to make. A perfect dish to bring to a barbecue and eat out by the pool. And yes, even out by the little inflatable kiddie pool. That’s how I enjoy mine! Just close your eyes, sink your teeth into this sweet bruschetta, and imagine you’re relaxing on a tropical beach with white sand and crystal clear water. Enjoy!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Apps & Bites pin board!
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 cup kiwi, diced
- 1 French Baguette, sliced into 3/4 inch slices (about 12-14 slices)
- Coconut oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Place all fruit in a bowl with the lime juice and toss. Set aside.
- Place sliced bread on a cookie sheet. Spread some coconut oil (1/2-1 teaspoon) on the top of each slice of bread and then broil for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Spoon fruit on top of each toasted piece of bread and sprinkle with the lime zest and coconut. Serve.