Are you looking for different, easy casserole recipes you can store in your recipe box? This Taco Casserole in a Jar is just the thing! I love anything with taco seasonings so when I was trying to come up with a new pasta this is what I ended up with! I baked them in mason jars for easy serving and they are just the right portion!
Fresh peppers and onions really punch up this creamy casserole and give it the “stick to your ribs” stamp of approval!
I used ground beef to make this tasty casserole but you can substitute ground turkey or chicken in your version! I loved making them in the jars. I put the extras in my fridge and pulled one out for lunch, warmed in the microwave and they were even better the next day!
With just a few ingredients you can have this delicious dish on your table in no time! This recipe filled 4 mason jars and one 8″ x 8″ baking pan or one 9″ x 13″ pan so needless to say it makes a lot!!
Find more great recipes like this on our Real Housemoms Dinner pin board!
- 1 lb ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 orange bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 Pkg Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 5oz containers plain Greek yogurt
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 oz rotini pasta cooked according to pkg directions
- In a large saute pan, saute, peppers, and onions in olive oil until soft and onions are translucent. Add in ground beef and cook until no longer pink, drain off excess liquid. Add water, taco seasoning and Rotel to meat and vegetables and let simmer for 15 minutes. Add in both containers of Greek yogurt and stir until combined. With pasta in large bowl pour sauce over cooked rotini pasta and mix until pasta is covered with sauce. Add in 2 cups of shredded cheese and combine until mixed. Place in baking pans prepared with non stick spray (mason jars or baking pans) Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake in 350 degree pre heated oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is hot and bubbly.
If you like taco recipes you might like these recipes too!