SUMMER FRUIT MUFFINS are the perfect warm weather breakfast. Moist muffins are topped with a lemon glaze and berries bringing you all the fresh flavors of summer!
Do you ever wake up on a sunny summer morning and it just too warm for coffee or to even turn on the toaster? Then these muffins are perfect for those mornings.
Moist lemony muffins are so light and you can enjoy a lovely pastry knowing that you’re also getting almost a full serving of fruit for breakfast. The muffins are perfectly delicious as-is, but to add a little extra lemony flavor, I made a lemon glaze that gets drizzled onto the muffin which helps the fruit stick to the top.
These muffins are perfect if you have guests staying over, or hosting a brunch. You can use any fruit that you prefer, like sliced strawberries or blueberries, whatever is available to you. I love the pretty presentation that the fruit gives the muffins. Don’t they make you feel summery?
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon water
- 12 ounces mixed berries of choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with 10 paper liners.
- To a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- To a separate bowl whisk the eggs, oil, buttermilk and sugar until smooth and light. Stir in the vanilla.
- Use a fork to mix the wet ingredients while adding the dry ingredients in batches until well mixed and smooth.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice.
- Fill the muffin liners 3/4 full and bake for 25 minutes until lightly golden. When you insert a toothpick into the center should come out clean.
- Remove from pan immediately onto a wire rack to cool.
- To a mixing bowl add the lemon juice and powdered sugar. Whisk in the melted butter and water until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze on top of the cooled muffins and add fruit. Allow the glaze to set.