This STRAWBERRY POPPYSEED DRESSING is made from very easy to find ingredients and is perfect for all your summer salads!
When I was a kid, strawberries were my ABSOLUTE favorite. I remember sitting at my great aunt’s kitchen table with a big bowl of strawberries and a very tiny bowl of sugar (she spoiled me), and taking the strawberries one by one and dipping them into the sugar and then popping them into my mouth.
Now strawberries are my kiddos’ favorite. They can go through a pound of strawberries in the blink of an eye. So, I love summer when strawberries are in season and we don’t have to pull from their college funds to buy some. 🙂
This Strawberry Poppyseed dressing is so perfect to go on any salads you make this summer. The flavors of it are really simple, it is mainly the strawberry and poppyseed that shine through. So I used it on a salad with some fresh strawberries and bacon, but you could really throw it on any. It is a little bit sweet, but not overpowering.
The best part about it is that it whips up really fast in the blender. If you’ve never made your own salad dressing before, this is really the one to go for it with!
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup orange juice (I used a reduced sugar one made with stevia)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 TBSPs powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP poppy seeds
- Blend together the strawberries, orange juice, onion powder, and salt until well combined.
- Blend in the powdered sugar. Then slowly bend in the olive oil until just combined.
- Pour into a mason jar, add the poppy seeds, cover and shake to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator and use within one week of making.