These easy STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE NAPOLEONS are the perfect way to serve beautiful red strawberries!
Summer is here and that means the abundance of fresh fruit is on the way. One fruit I have noticed that we can get year round these days is fresh beautiful red strawberries. They seem to be bigger, redder and more delicious with every crop.
I remember when I was in High School we lived in Burlingame California. We would go to church every Sunday, and after we would stop at one of the most fascinating grocery store. It was an Italian Grocery store called Lenardi’s Market which has been open for over 60 years. Lenardi’s was not only an amazing market it was had the most amazing bakery. I was in heaven the pastry case there had to be 12 foot long filled to the brim with every kind of sweet treat and pastry you could imagine. It was at Lenardi’s where I was introduced to the most amazing pastry called a Napoleon. Layers of tender flaky pastry with the most delicious cream between the layers and on top was a sweet glaze with a chocolate swirl. We were allowed to get one pastry to eat on the way home. The first time I chose a Napoleon I knew I would never even try another pastry. I was hooked. I think this is when I truly fell in love with baking.
Now 30+ years later I have come up with a much easier version of that delectable Napoleon. Lenardi’s Napoleons did not have fresh fruit in them but I love the freshness they add to my napoleons, and cheesecake who doesn’t like cheesecake. Strawberries and cheesecake go together like peanut butter and jelly. This version is so easy to make and have that pastry shop look and taste!
If you’re looking for an easy and impressive dessert these Strawberry Cheesecake Napoleons will fit the bill. Just a tip about using puff pastry, it shrinks when you bake it so if you’re wanting to make single servings do not cut the pastry too small. Trust me on this I learned the hard way!
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 1 pkg. (about 3 ounces) instant cheesecake flavored pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened whipped cream or thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1 1/4 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 tbsp. confectioners' sugar
- Pre-Heat oven to 400°F.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 3 strips along the fold marks. Cut each strip into 4 rectangles. Place the pastries onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Split each pastry into 2 layers, making 24 in all.
- Prepare the pudding mix according to the package directions except use 1 cup milk. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Set aside the 8 top pastry layers. Spread 2 tablespoons pudding mixture on each of 8 bottom pastry layers. Top each with 1 tablespoon strawberries and another pastry layer. Top with the remaining pudding, strawberries and the reserved top pastry layers. Sprinkle with the confectioners’ sugar. Drizzle with 1 square (1 ounce) milk chocolate, melted, before serving.
I promise you will not be disappointed with these treats! If you love strawberries you might enjoy these other strawberry desserts.