This SPRING BREAKFAST SKILLET is a super simple one-pan breakfast or dinner! Serve it with your favorite style eggs for a meal the entire family will love!
I hate to admit that I am the worst when it comes to eating a decent breakfast. I know what I should be doing, but most mornings, I settle for a piece of toast and a cup of coffee. One of my goals this year is to get into the habit of making better choices …. which, isn’t always easy for me when it comes to breakfast! I made this Spring Skillet Breakfast for the family a few weekends ago – it was wishful Spring thinking on my part since I’m ready for warmer weather 😉 – and it was an instant hit with them! I hope you enjoy!
- 1 pound potatoes, scrubbed, and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. cubed ham
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 pound), trimmed and cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the potatoes with 2 tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes until they start to get soft and the outsides are starting to brown.
- Push the potatoes to one side of the pan. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the open side of the skillet and lower heat to medium. Add ham, asparagus, mushrooms, garlic, and onion. Cook, stirring often, until veggies beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the roasted red pepper, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, until everything is heated through, about 1-2 minutes more. Serve immediately.
If you love this Spring Breakfast Skillet, be sure to check out these recipes: