SPINACH SALAD WITH WARM MAPLE BACON DRESSING is the ultimate twist on a classic! It’s loaded with delicious flavor and perfect for lunch, dinner, or your next get together!
Now that the holidays are over, and we’ve all made resolutions to be healthier in 2016, it’s time to start trying out some new salads….don’t you think? I don’t know about you, but I love finding new salad recipes. Not only are they an easy way to sneak in some extra veggies, but the possibilities for them are endless!
My theory? If you’re starting with salad, you can afford to have a little fun. Which is why I love to load mine up with all the good stuff! This Spinach Salad is packed with veggies, bacon, eggs, potatoes, and the best maple bacon dressing. It’s perfect for a pot luck or side dish, and also satisfying enough for a main meal. No matter how you serve it, it’s completely delicious!
- 8 oz. fresh spinach
- 1 c. thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced red onion
- 4 pieces bacon
- 1 medium red potato, thinly sliced and quartered
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and thinly sliced
- For dressing:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 c. cider vinegar
- 2 c. milk
- Cook bacon and potatoes in a medium skillet until bacon is crisp. Reserve bacon grease.
- Prepare salad by layering spinach, mushrooms, onion, eggs, crumbled bacon, and potatoes in a large bowl.
- Prepare dressing by adding flour and salt to bacon grease in skillet. Stir; then add remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Drizzle generously over salad.
You might also enjoy these salads!