These SOUTHWESTERN BREAKFAST PIZZAS are just six ingredients, easy to make, and packed with flavor!
So I used to not like breakfast foods at all. Weird, I know. I much preferred left over pizza, left over Thai food, left over lasagna . . . you get the picture . . .for breakfast than anything with eggs or anything traditional.
But since I’ve become a food blogger, I’ve totally embraced breakfast foods.
Okay, that’s a flat out lie. Because I haven’t really embraced breakfast foods, I’ve embraced adding eggs to things and then calling them breakfast foods.
Like these pizzas! I mean, I throw some eggs in there and suddenly, Southwestern Breakfast Pizza! So smart, right?
Seriously though, salsa on eggs is one of my favorite things ever. So using it as the sauce on this pizza is pure genius if I do say so myself. You throw in just a few other things, some corn, black beans, and cheese over your eggs, and it’s perfection. No fancy ingredients, but absolute amazing flavor.
Can I let you in on a little secret? In the recipe below, I suggest that you top it with hot sauce, and that would be really good. But in the picture above, it’s actually Sriracha! You guys. It is amazing with the Sriracha. I totally suggest you try it. And if you’ve never made your own pizza dough, check out this post about doing it. You’ll never go back.
Get more great recipes like this one on our Best Breakfast Recipes pin board!
- homemade or refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 eggs, scrambled and cooked
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two baking sheets with silicon baking mats or parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls on a well floured surface and roll into 8 mini pizzas, making sure that the dough is not too thick.
- Add 2 tablespoons of salsa to each mini pizza. Divide the eggs adding some to each pizza. Add a tablespoon of each, corn and black beans, to each pizza. Top each pizza with two tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Bake the pizzas, four to a baking sheet, for 20 to 25 minutes until the dough is cooked through and browning on the bottom.
- Top with hot sauce and serve.
You might also like: