These SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE BARS are just as delicious as the classic cookies but take half the time!
I love to bake and be in the kitchen; however, sometimes baking a batch of cookies is just too much to handle! Please tell me you have those kinds of days too? Scooping out the cookie dough and baking them for 10 minutes and repeating that two or three times is sometimes more than I can take 🙂 These snickerdoodle cookie bars are bursting with flavor and take half the time that baking them in a cookie form would!
I love just about anything that is coated in a cinnamon sugar mixture. It adds a fun crunch of sweetness to the top of the bars, while the cream of tartar gives it just that classic touch of “sour” the Snickerdoodle are so well known for. They are buttery and flakey and I promise it will be so hard to eat just one! My husband came home and easily ate 2 or 3 before he even left the kitchen! How do men stay so thin? 🙂 I really do love how you can prepare this in one pan and can be finished in about 35 minutes from start to finish. This is so simple even my boys had fun helping put this recipe together. As good as these cookie bars taste you house will smell amazing for hours!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1//2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl mix together butter until creamy using an electric mixture. Mix in sugar and brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy, approximately 3 -4 minutes). Mix in eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla, and mix until smooth.
- Mix in the flour mixture until well combined. Spread mixture in a greased 9 in. x 13 in. pan. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cookie bars to cool and cut into 20 bars.