It’s fall and it is time to bring on the comfort food! It’s also not a bad idea to pull out the slow cooker either and make this Slow Cooker Three Bean Chili!
Where I live we have already had some pretty cold and rainy days to begin the season of fall. The kids have had to wear jackets and all I hear is, I’m cold, I’m cold. And it has only begun.
Well because of our very fall like days I immediately thought of chili. I love chili! It’s hearty and warm and add corn bread to the side and it’s the perfect meal. It also feeds 6 people really well which is a big plus in my house.
For this recipe it is pretty basic. Cook the meat and onions. Throw everything into the slow cooker, leave it for hours and hours. Not a lot of hands on cooking going on here. For added pleasure I threw some sour cream and cheese on the top at the end, it was a good choice, you should try it!
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 15.5 ounce can pinto beans
- 1 15.5 ounce can light red kidney beans
- 1 15.5 ounce can cannellini beans
- 1 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Chili Seasoning
- 2 cups water
- In a skilled combined onions and ground beef. Sautee until beef is cooked.
- Add beef, beans, diced tomatoes, chilli mix, and water to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Top with cheese and sour cream!
- Serve and ENJOY!