Slow Cooker Sausage and Rice Stuffed Peppers are a new way to stuff peppers! Surprise the family with this delicious dish!
Hi all! I just got back from San Diego where I did my first ever TV appearance. I made a recipe from my cookbook on a morning show. The segment went very well, but I got to tell you I am glad to be home and back to my routine!
This recipe for Slow Cooker Sausage and Rice Stuffed Peppers is like Cajun Sausage Jambalaya stuffed into peppers. It turned out amazing. I added the addition of cheese, because I love my stuffed peppers with cheese on top. The cheese went very well with the flavors in the peppers. Do you have a favorite stuffed pepper recipe? I love to try different ones, let me know how you make them!
- 5 bell peppers, any color
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (use less if you don't like spicy)
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- (make sure to divide the above sauce before adding the next ingredients, see instructions below)
- 2.5 cups cooked and cooled rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- diced bell pepper (dice up the tops of the bell peppers you are going to stuff)
- 1 (14-oz.) package kielbasa sausage, diced
- 1.25 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut the tops off the peppers, dice up these tops and set aside for step 3.
- Next, in a medium-sized bowl add the diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder and garlic powder, stir. Take out 1 cup of this tomato mixture and add it to the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Using that same bowl that has the rest of the tomato mixture left in it, add the rice, garlic, onion, diced bell pepper and diced kielbasa, stir. Stuff the peppers that you have prepeared in step one. Place the stuffed peppers on top of the tomato mixture in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3.5 hours.
- Top with cheese, replace lid for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
You may also like: Slow Cooker Seasoned Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans