This Simple Spinach & Tomato Breakfast Casserole is filled with eggs, tomatoes, spinach, and cheese for a comforting breakfast you’ll want to make again and again!
I am all about easy and better for your breakfast ideas. Especially ones that my kids will devour. We have recently been a quiche kick – like making at least once a week at the very least. But there are those moments where I just don’t feel like the whole pie crust ordeal. Therefore I will make my sister’s Easy Breakfast Casserole. We just love this and I feel good about all of the ingredients.
SIMPLE SPINACH & TOMATO BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your BREAKFAST pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
This recipe for Easy Breakfast Casserole has green chiles in it though and my kids aren’t the biggest fans of these although my hubby and I are. My kids do love a BLT Quiche that we make often, so inspired by that I just this simple & better for you breakfast casserole. It takes less than 10 minutes to throw together, then just put it in the oven to bake and viola breakfast is right around the corner. Of course, you could add bacon too – yum! I would put in a half a pound cooked and chopped, but if you love bacon go for the whole pound.
What is great about this Simple Spinach and Tomato Breakfast Casserole you can make it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. In fact, the first time I made it was for lunch. And it was the perfect filler. The bonus being I didn’t need my afternoon snack, this Simple Spinach and Tomato Breakfast Casserole got me through the entire afternoon.
Would love to hear all about your favorite breakfast casseroles or quiches, so be sure to comment below. I have included some of our favorites, so be sure to check them out!
- 12 eggs, whisked
- 1 stick of butter or margarine, melted
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup freshly chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup roasted tomatoes, chopped
- 16 ounces cottage cheese, small curd 1-2%
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings to serve on top: freshly sliced avocados, salsa, cheese, sour cream and/or chives.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare 9x13 baking pan, by greasing all sides and bottom of the pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, add melted butter, flour, tomatoes, spinach, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt. Stir until well combined,
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350 and bake for another 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5-minutes. Cut, serve and enjoy!
- Top with additional toppings if desired.