Sausage, Gouda & Biscuit Breakfast Casserole is an easy breakfast. Packed with sausage and smoked Gouda, this biscuit and eggs dish will be a real crowd pleaser!
SAUSAGE, GOUDA & BISCUIT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Love it? Pin it to your BREAKFAST board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
My kids love having a nice breakfast. If they could have either homemade crepes with raspberry jam or homemade biscuits and gravy they would. Ever single day! And while I love making a nice breakfast from scratch, let’s be real it ain’t going to happen every day. We have mornings with oatmeal, one-eyed toast, cereal (sugar loaded – weekend treat) and regular toast with peanut butter and banana.
But one of my signature to go to breakfasts are casseroles. They are easy and delicious. And some of them I throw together the night before. And sometimes I get up in the morning – and just throw things together, like this one.
I had some biscuits in the refrigerator and left over Gouda, so I grabbed some sausage from the freezer and viola – breakfast is served. What is nice, is that if you needed you can make this night before you can.
A nice breakfast or brunch menu doesn’t need to be complicated – it can be simple and delicious. I can’t wait to Sausage, Gouda & Biscuit Breakfast Casserole. Enjoy! XOXO San
- 1 lb. maple sausage
- 16-ounce container of large refrigerated biscuits, open & separate biscuits
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese (or any cheese you like)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray 9-inch x 13-inch pan with cooking oil.
- Cook sausage according to package directions until browned, and then remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Cut uncooked biscuits rounds into quarters. Set all of the biscuit dough on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Top biscuits with cooked sausage.
- In a small mixing bowl combine milk, eggs and ground mustard and whisk until well combined. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over the biscuit dough and sausage. Top casserole with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven allowing to cool for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Mess for Less
Want some more delicious breakfast or brunch recipes – check out a couple of our favorites: