Who loves pineapple? My family and I sure do, and Pineapple Casserole is a perfect side dish, especially with ham! When I spent an Easter with my husband’s family years ago, my mother-in-law introduced me to this super yummy casserole. I kept going back to the table to get another piece. It has been at many family gatherings since then and I enjoy it every time!
My mother-in-law just gave me a big pile of her family recipes, including Pineapple Casserole. I am so excited to try all of them, but I started with this side dish last night. I was making ham and thought it would be a great addition to the meal. My husband, son and I each ate a large portion!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love our other easy casserole recipes!
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 8 pieces white bread, cubed (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar together
- Beat the eggs really well and add to the butter and sugar
- Mix well
- Add the drained pineapple and stir
- Add the cubed bread and mix everything really well
- Grease an 8x8 pan (see notes)
- Pour mixture into the pan
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes
- Serve warm or cold