Pineapple Casserole is a delicious side dish and is especially perfect with ham! It is easy to make and is great for the holidays!
Who loves pineapple? My family and I sure do. This Pineapple Casserole is a perfect side dish, especially with ham! When I spent an Easter with my husband’s family years ago, my mother-in-law introduced me to this super yummy casserole. I kept going back to the table to get another piece. It has been at many family gatherings since then and I enjoy it every time!
I lucked out and my mother-in-law just gave me a big pile of her family recipes, including easy casserole recipes like this one. I am so excited to try all of them, but I started with this side dish last night. I was making ham and thought it would be a great addition to the meal. My husband, son, and I each ate a large portion! I may have even eaten some cold from the fridge the next morning. It’s that good!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 20-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 8 pieces white bread, cubed (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Beat the eggs really well and add to the butter and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the drained pineapple and stir to combine.
- Add the cubed bread and mix everything really well.
- Grease an 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish (or 9-inch x 13-inch - see notes).
- Pour casserole mixture into the pan.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Cut into 6 pieces. Serve warm or cold.
I used an 8-inch x 8-inch pan for a thicker casserole, but my mother-in-law uses a 9-inch x 13-inch for a thinner casserole and to last longer with a bigger crowd