PARMESAN ROASTED BROCCOLI is so easy to make and really tasty. It comes together in no time, making it perfect for weeknight meals!
Now that the temps are starting to come back down I’m drawn into the kitchen to cook more. I definitely find myself cooking and baking more. The change of seasons in my house means an overhaul of the monthly menu. when it’s warm out, I’m cooking as much as I can on the deck using the grill or if I’m in the kitchen I try to use the crock pot. As soon as things cool down though I reverse gears and the oven is on all the time! I like the switch up. This past Sunday I was watching football and wanted to make dishes that didn’t take longer than the commercial breaks to put together and prep. I found some broccoli and Parmesan and decided to get busy.
There is almost nothing to this and if you bought the broccoli already chopped into florets in the produce section of your grocery store than it would be even easier! Roasting the broccoli gives it a deeper flavor and then topping it off with the warm melted Parmesan cheese makes it out of this world. Sometimes the dishes with the best flavor are the most simple to make. When it comes out of the oven the cheese that fell onto the baking sheet is dark and crispy. I like to scrape it up using a spatula. I like the added texture that it gives this dish. Parmesan Roasted Broccoli can be made for busy weeknight dinners with the family or for entertaining friends!
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- toss all ingredients except Parmesan cheese on a baking sheet and spread into a single layer
- roast in oven for 15 minutes
- top with even layer of Parmesan cheese and place back in the oven
- roast for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and golden