This MIXED BERRY MUDSLIDE PARFAIT is layered with boozy mudslide mousse, crumbly cookies, and a sweet & tart berry puree for a flavorful dessert that’s incredibly rich!
With my mom being a little over two hours away, I always love to surprise her with either a delicious and fancy brunch or even a dessert I know she will love for Mother’s Day! I can’t believe it’s already around the corner! It’s those special moments you and she will always cherish. I know my mother and I will.
So for this Mother’s Day think of something nice she will enjoy, especially a mixed berry mudslide parfait. It’s relatively simple to whip up, think about 10 minutes to prep the ingredients and another 10-15 minutes layers the parfait layers. The perfect treat to make any time of the year or great with fresh berries instead of frozen! Oh, so good!
There are three delicious layers in this mixed berry mudslide parfait: a boozy mudslide chocolate mousse (we also loved our easy secret ingredient chocolate mousse), pulsed chocolate sandwich cookies with the creme still in the middle, and frozen mixed berries thawed and pureed. Each layer is perfect and pairs perfectly.
The mudslide layer consists of cream cheese, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, heavy cream, and Kahlua. In most mudslides you always have vodka with the Kahlua, but I didn’t want it in my parfait. The Kahlua does an excellent job with flavoring the mouse perfectly. Feeling a little bold, add 1.5-2 ounces of vodka of your choice!
If you are looking for another quick and easy dessert to make, you should try my no-bake strawberry cheesecake jars! They are so good and secretly healthier! No-bake desserts are always on our menu for the warmer months!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 ounces frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 12 chocolate sandwiches cookies
- mint, for garnish (optional)
- Beat together the cream together and granulated sugar until combined using a handheld or stand mixer.
- Add the heavy cream and whip on medium speed for 3-5 minutes until mousse-like. Be extra careful and not whip it too long or you will have butter.
- Mix in the Kahlua and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Pulse the thawed mixed berries in a food processor. Set aside.
- Pulse the chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor until crumbly. Set aside.
- Place your jars together and layer each jar with a layer of the mudslide mixture, mixed berry mixture, and crumbly cookie layer. Repeat with all layers.
- Garnish with fresh mint.