MINI TACO BITES are a simple and delicious finger food that is great for any party or gathering!
Hosting parties and gatherings is one of my favorite things to do. Getting together with family members and friends playing games, laughing, and making memories is what life is all about right?! Sometimes it’s fun to host dinner parties, or dessert nights but one of my favorites is a night full of finger food /appetizers and these Mini Taco Bites are perfect for just that. These little bites come together really quickly and you probably already have the stuff in your refrigerator and pantry. It’s a bite sized tortilla stuffed with your favorite taco toppings. You can add beans, corn or any of your favorite Mexican toppings and sauces.
You start off by cutting soft tortilla shells in a circle shape by using a circle cookie cutter and place them in a mini muffin tin.
Shred some milk cheddar cheese and place in the bottom of your tortilla shells. Pop them in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Make sure you keep an eye on them because you don’t want your tortilla shells to burn.
Now you can just layer your mini taco shells with your favorite taco toppings, such as lettuce, taco meat, tomatoes and more. I also liked to add a tiny dollop of ranch dressing or sour cream on top. I think the kids would love these little taco bites as well. Just beware: they will be gone fast! 🙂
- 3 soft shells tacos, cut into circle shapes
- 1/4 shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound hamburger, browned with taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup lettuce, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- Ranch dressing or sour cream for topping
- Place circle taco shells in mini muffin pan by squeezing the edges in. Place 1 teaspoon shredded cheddar cheese in the bottom. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Layer your taco shells with hamburger, lettuce, tomatoes and toppings. Serve immediately.