MEXICAN MANGO RICE SALAD is a fresh summer dish loaded with fresh veggies, mangoes then drizzled with a cumin vinaigrette. Easy, delicious and ready in 25-minutes!
My family loves taco salad. It is a weekly staple in our home. We mix it up, of course, adding chicken one week, beef the next and sometimes just go pure veggies. Then one week I decided to really twist it up and made it with rice. Making this Mexican Mango Rice Salad. The kids were skeptical of course, but after the first bite – it was a go.
What sets this salad apart is the cumin vinaigrette. I got this recipe from my mother-in-law who makes a killer Southwestern Taco Salad and it’s the dressing that makes it so spectacular.
Not only was this dish a hit, it was also easy to prepare, making this a to-go-to recipe for me. Especially in the hot summer months when I don’t want to grill up some meat. This is a complete meal for us but could also work as a side dish. Adding some chopped grilled or roasted chicken, if you wish would be fantastic. And fresh avocados is a yummy addition as well.
The mangoes with the vinaigrette are a perfect pairing. Sweet & tangy this Mexican Mango Rice Salad will become a new favorite salad this summer. Enjoy friends!
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 green pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 2 mangos, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- In a large saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Rinse rice with cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl.
- Dice the green pepper, red onion, and mango, place on top of rice. Cut cherry tomatoes in half add to rice. Roughly chop cilantro and add to rice. Add corn and black beans to bowl.
- Make cumin vinaigrette.
- In a small mixing bowl or measuring cup make dressing and shake to combine.
- Drizzle 1/2 o the dressing over the salad, toss to combine. Add more dressing to taste. Serve immediately or chill before serving. Either way enjoy & devour.
Love salads? Here are a few more summer must haves.