“Wow” your guests this summer with a Lemon Blueberry Greek Yogurt Trifle, a quick and easy no-bake dessert!
This dessert looks like you spent all day working on it, but it can be whipped together in under 20 minutes! Using store bought angel food cake really cuts back on the prep time! Trifles are a great way to sneak in fruit too!
I love using Greek yogurt in place of heavy cream for recipes. Not only does it contain WAY fewer calories, it’s also loaded with protein and healthy probiotics! Swapping whipped heavy cream with 2% plain Greek yogurt in this recipe saves you almost 400 calories and a whopping 77 grams of fat!!!! You can save even more if you decide to use fat-free Greek yogurt!
Benefits of Greek Yogurt:
~Provides 15-20 grams of protein per 6 oz. serving to keep you full for longer!
~A healthier alternative to sour cream, mayonnaise or cream cheese in savory recipes.
~Improved digestive health due to probiotics (good bugs!).
~A meat-free way to incorporate vitamin B12 into your diet.
~High in calcium for healthy bones!
Get more great recipes like this on our Real Housemoms Dessert pin board!
- 3 cups 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup lemon curd
- 1 angel food cake (12 oz.), cubed
- For Blueberry Sauce:
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- Using a hand-held mixer, mix together greek yogurt and lemon curd until well combined. Set aside.
- To make the blueberry sauce, mix together the blueberries, lemon juice, ⅓ cup sugar in a small sauce pan over medium heat. In a small bowl, mix together corn starch with a tablespoon of water. Once blueberry sauce starts to bubble, add watered down cornstarch. Stir until sauce start to thicken, remove from heat and let cool.
- To assemble trifle: Start by placing a layer of cubed angle food cake on the bottom of a trifle dish. Spread an even layer of Greek yogurt/lemon curd mixture on top of cake. Drizzle a portion of the cooled blueberry sauce on top of yogurt. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
Check out these healthier dessert options!