Crispy Ham & Egg Baked Taquitos are a fantastic grab ‘n’ go breakfast option that’s handy to keep in the freezer!!
HAM & EGG BAKED TAQUITOS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your BREAKFAST pin board
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest!
I’m one of those weird people who just can’t be satisfied with cereal for breakfast. It just doesn’t do anything for me! Despite promises on cereal boxes claiming to keep you satisfied for longer, I’m starving in less than an hour.
I’ve always grown up with substantial breakfasts, including some form of protein. And that’s stuck with me my whole life.
So I’m always on the look out for quick reheat-able breakfasts that I can keep ready made. These taquitos are a standby that I often have in my freezer. I go through phases when I’ll make a big batch of them then stash them in my deep freezer.
I want to be able to tell you that you can reheat these from frozen either in the microwave or oven, but I find that it doesn’t work so well. In the microwave, the outside gets so overheated that it becomes soggy, and in the oven, the outside gets too brown before the inside is cooked.
So I do one of two things: I grab a handful from the freezer and leave them to thaw in the fridge and I use them over the next few days. Or I defrost one in the microwave (usually while I take my morning shower!) then heat it in the oven.
Grab and go breakfasts? I love them! I’m one of those people who is often caught scarfing down breakfast in the car and believe me when I say that these are MUCH less messy to eat than toast. Somehow, every time I have toast in the car, I’m always wearing a black top. Just my luck right???
No crumbs with these! Well, if you bake them in the oven, then they are quite crispy but it doesn’t crumble like toast if you know what I mean? You might get some largish flakes on your black top….but that’s a whole lot less messy than toast!! 🙂
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8 eggs
- 5 oz ham, roughly chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese of choice
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- Oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and cook, scrambling them. Remove from stove when just cooked. Add salt and pepper and stir in spinach. Allow to cool.
- Lay out tortilla on a work surface. Spoon egg & spinach mixture down the middle, then top with ham and cheese. Roll up tightly, finishing with the seam down.
- Place on baking tray. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Spray generously with oil. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately!