These HALLOWEEN DESSERT APPLE NACHOS are a creepy-crawly treat that the kids will love!
Halloween is my family’s favorite holiday. We go overboard decorating our house, dressing in costumes and making spooky treats! I have always loved Halloween. As a kid I would trick or treat for hours, coming home only to empty my pillow case and go back out again. I was always sporting a homemade costume while I was out way passed dark. Crowds of kids roaming the streets while laughing and running. Now I am lucky if I get 10-20 trick or treaters. And I don’t live in the boonies! Where are all the kids!?!?
Fall has to be my favorite season as well. There is just so much to love about Fall. We love the cool crisp weather, crunchy leaves on the ground and gooey caramel apples. These Dessert Apple Nachos are a fun way to enjoy our favorite Fall treat. The crushed OREOS look like dirt and the gummy worms, well . . . look like worms. The marshmallow drizzle and caramel sauce give it just the right amount of sweet. It’s a messy meal but oh, so worth it!
If you are planning a spooky Halloween party this would be a great dessert to serve. In fact, I think I need to throw the ultimate Halloween party this year. I’ll serve creepy food on skeleton platters and punch from a witches cauldron. My guests will bob for apples and dance to The Monster Mash. Lets bring back that fun Halloween excitement! Make these Dessert Nachos for the kiddos and take them trick or treating!
- 2 OREO Cookies - filling removed
- 3 Fuji Apples - sliced
- 10 Gummy Worms
- 1/4 Cup Marshmallow Fluff
- 1/2 teaspoon Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Caramel Sauce
- Place OREOS into a plastic sandwich bag and crush into fine crumbs.
- Layer sliced apples on large serving plate or platter.
- Tuck gummy worms around apples.
- Stir marshmallow fluff and milk vigorously until completely smooth. Drizzle over the top of apples.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over apples.
- Sprinkle with crushed OREOS.
More Spooky Treats To Serve To Your Monsters. . .