Summer barbecues are more than just juicy burgers. Everyone loves grilled ribs and these Grilled Ribs start with a very flavorful spice rub and then slowly grilled and finally finished off delicious Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce.
We had a great Fourth of July weekend. How about you? We celebrated over two nights, starting on the 4th and then on Saturday also. We had barbecue and fireworks with friends and it was great! It doesn’t get dark here until close to 10 so the kids were up late! That made for some interesting days but it was lots of fun. The kids had a great time and so did we. We could see big fireworks going off all around us and we could hear them going late into the night. It was so great!
On Saturday we had Grilled Ribs and and shrimp tacos. I’ll share the shrimp tacos with you all soon but I had to tell you about these ribs, I just couldn’t wait. They’re so good. They start with a spice rub and then cook low and slow on the grill. Finally, just before taking them off the grill they get a brush down with Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce. We made a few racks of these ribs and they were almost all gone right away. They have a great smoky flavor. I didn’t put too much cayenne pepper in the spice rub because we had some little kiddies eating them and you never know what your guests heat tolerance is. If you want more spice then by all means add more, I think it would be great! We already have more ribs ready to grill because we all loved them so much!!!
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 racks of ribs
- Sweet N Tangy Barbecue Sauce
- combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly
- preheat the grill on low heat for 15 minutes using a gas grill
- pull ribs from the refrigerator for 15 minutes before grilling so the meat doesn't shock when placed on the heat.
- rub all sides of the ribs with the rub (you will have extra so be sure to use one hand to sprinkle the rub over the meat and the other to rub it in. This will ensure that you don't contaminate the rub)
- place the ribs on the grill with the meat side down
- allow to cook with the lid down for 45 minutes
- brush with the barbecue sauce and then flip over and brush with more barbecue sauce
- allow to cook on the other side for 10 to 15 minutes
- remove and cover loosely with foil and rest for 10 to 15 minutes
- slice into smaller pieces of 1 to 2 bones and serve with more barbecue sauce