Stacey and I were able to get together the other day for a quick lunch and to spend sometime together before the big move. While I was at the store I pick up some figs and goat cheese. I have an old friend from high school that posted a picture on Instagram of her’s that she was grilling and they looked great so I decided to give it a try. They were fantastic! I love how they opened up also, they looked like flowers and the flavor was just as good. I drizzled some reduced balsamic on them and it was great!
These would make a great appetizer for a summer cocktail party or a quick and easy dessert.
****Don’t forget to click on over to enter the Favorite Things Birthday Present Giveaway going on until Aug. 8th but don’t wait hurry over to enter! Enter to win a prize package valued up to $800!!!****
- 12 figs
- 3/4 c goat cheese
- 1/2 balsamic vinegar
- heat grill to a medium heat
- slice the fig at the top in a cross to open the fig
- place 1 tablespoon of goat cheese into the center of each fig
- place on the grill until the figs are warm and cooked through
- while the figs are grilling pour the balsamic into a sauce pan and bring to a boil and bring to a boil
- continue until it is reduced by half and has thickened
- drizzle onto a serving dish and place cooked figs on top