These GRILLED CHICKEN FAJITA SKEWERS have all of the flavors of a classic fajita on a stick!
I love grilling season! Sitting out on the deck with friends, and if I’m lucky a Citrus Moscow Mule, while my guy throws some meat on the grill and does all of the cooking. Total bliss! Not that I don’t help. I make all of the sides and I even skewer the chicken for these Chicken Fajita Skewers but when the time comes to cook it’s his time to shine. I love it! 🙂
I love him to death and he does a great job grilling but I’m still totally in charge of coming up with what we’re going to eat. If I left it to him it would be steak and brats all summer…which wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world but it would mean we’d miss out on delicious recipes like this! Chicken fajitas are one of our favorite things and I make them year round. I thought it would be fun to put all of the ingredients on a stick and grill them up.
They were really simple to make. I made my own fajita seasoning with a blend of chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt (feel free to use a fajita seasoning packet instead!) and tossed the cubed chicken in it. Then I put the meat on a skewer with a mix of red, yellow, and green bell peppers, and red onion. I gave the kebabs a little sprinkle of salt and sent them out to be grilled. The nice thing about skewer recipes is that they cook pretty quickly on the grill since the meat is already cut into small pieces. I had just finished sitting the tortillas, guacamole, and pico de gallo on the table when the skewers finished cooking and then we pulled everything off the stick, wrapped it up in a tortilla and dug in!
- 1 lb Chicken Breast, cubed
- 3 Tbsp Chili powder
- 2 Tbsp Cumin
- 1/2Tbsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt + more to taste
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into square slices
- 1 Red Bell Pepper,cut into square slices
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper,cut into square slices
- 1 Red Onion, cut into square slices
- In a large bowl mix chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and salt.
- Add cubed chicken to spice mix and toss until well coated.
- On the skewer alternate between chicken, peppers, and onions until each skewer is filled.
- Sprinkle a little more salt over skewers.
- Grill over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with corn or flour tortillas, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, and anything else you like on your fajitas!
I’ve already had a request to make these again and next time I think I’m going to try a mix of steak and chicken!
Looking for another great skewer recipe? Try these BBQ Bacon Shrimp Skewers!